This role is looking for a candidate that has a passion for Security and continuous improvement.
- Own and manage daily and weekly checks. Update and improve checks as and when required.
- Manage security operational tasks in the company's on-premises and cloud-based footprints.
- Track, measure, and analyse security metrics.
- Develop and maintain documentation for the client's security controls.
- Respond to ad-hoc security incidents and service requests.
- Monitor, analyse, triage, mitigate, and remediate security events.
- Identify vulnerabilities and ensure patch currency in accordance to our client's standards.
- Create, update, and tune SIEM alerts and rules.
- Manage endpoint protection efficacy.
- Maintain clients identity management security posture, especially from a role-based-access-control and privileged access perspective.Track and assist in the client's Essential 8 compliance.
Skills and experience:
- Be a qualified security professional with demonstrated relevant experience.
- Have a good understanding of the TCP/IP stack, networking concepts, Windows operating systems, event logs analysis, SIEMs, vulnerability assessment tools, endpoint protection, email filtering, web filtering, OSINT, Wi-Fi, NAC, Azure/AWS space.
- Have a basic understanding of various regulatory and third-party certifications, e.g. ISM, ISO27001.
- A current certification is desirable, e.g. Security+.An appropriate degree from an accredited university is desirable