- $100.00 - $125 per hour
- Job Type
- Steven Jobson
- about 2 months ago
- Contracts until June 2021 + 12 month extensions
- Citizenship minimum, Baseline preferred
- Multiple roles available....
As an experienced COBOL Programmer, you will undertake technical research and analysis to drive the design, and the development of high quality solutions in support of business and technical requirements and will lead and provide technical management.
In performing a leadership role, you will:
- Identify and drive innovation, manage and lead change, and have an active role in contributing to and implementing the agency's strategic direction.
- Be responsible for, and/or contributes to the management of a team. Maintaining data integrity within the Medicare system is vital to providing accuracy of payments to all Australians
- Provide completeness and consistency of data increases stability and performance of the Medicare system while improving reusability and maintainability.
Key Tasks/Duties will include:
- Translate technical and market trends into development strategy
- Accountable for the analysis, design, development, prototyping, unit testing and maintenance activities
- Ensure compliance with endorsed software development methodologies
- Implement methodology, manage and lead change and actively contribute to the agency's strategic direction
- Develop strategy to ensure high code quality and long-term maintenance of a product's code base
- Ensure development productivity and excellence in quality
- Conduct impact analysis, evaluate, and report on technical feasibility and risks for development projects
- Proactively share knowledge and expertise as the subject matter expert, and provide assistance and mentorship to less experienced colleagues
- Oversee operations of teams, including providing a clear sense of direction, setting work priorities and managing resources
- Proven experience as a COBOL developer on an IBM mainframe
- Demonstrated experience as a highly specialised COBOL/Mainframe Developer
- Demonstrated experience delivering end to end solutions and leading a team of developers in a complex environment
- Ability to analyse complex systems, understand architecture and produce high level designs and Solution documents
- Sound understanding of different design patterns and hands on experience with delivering solutions using JavaEE, web services, Git and DB2.
- Understands relational database concepts and the use of SQL, and implement high performance database solutions
- Understands Agile concepts and delivers work in Agile environment
Please contact Wanya on 6129 6307 for more information.