- New South Wales
- $45-50 per hour plus superannuation
- Job Type
- Jessica Abboud
- 23 days ago
Primary purpose of the position:
The role of a Senior Communications Officer is to contribute to the delivery and implementation of effective communications strategies to advise, promote and inform internal and external stakeholders of key council policies, projects and programs.
- Communicate key council policies, projects and programs to internal and external stakeholders as appropriate.
- Identify opportunities, develop strategies and implement effective communication plans that support business unit initiatives and provide a long term framework to promote the City's objectives.
- In consultation with key staff, develop a coordinated approach to the development of communications strategies to engage the intended audience whilst promoting a positive image of the City.
- Ensure high quality corporate communication materials adhere to all guidelines and ensure all content is produced to the highest standard and delivered on time, and within budget.
- Develop and maintain positive customer relations with key internal and external clients to facilitate effective communication.
- The position is expected to comply with the Work Health and Safety Act and associated legislation in the performance of all duties.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications, at degree level, in communications, or a related discipline, and/or extensive experience in communications within a large and high profile organization.
- Extensive experience writing clear and concise material and ability to translate technical information into simple English for a variety of audiences.
- Proven project management skills and the ability to make decisions and meet strict deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Maturity, flexibility, discretion and the ability to work under pressure in order to meet conflicting deadlines.