One of Victoria's premier hubs is currently experiencing a period of sustained growth. They offer an enviable culture, a flexible and high calibre work environment.
Purpose of the role
To develop, maintain and support the organisations data architecture and pipelines through its data lake platform.
To transform the organisations data assets to insight and business value by designing and developing dashboards, reports and other data visualisation tools.
- Build reliable data pipelines consisting of diverse data sources to ingest and process data into cloud-based data lake platform;
- Design, develop and implement data solutions for data migration & collection, data analytics and batch processing solutions;
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements;
- Work with stakeholders and cross-functional teams to assist with data- related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs;
- Liaise with technology peers across the Sporting industry and where required with RV's third-party technology partners in the design and delivery of RV initiatives
- Create and maintain report forms and formats, information dashboards, data generators and canned reports, as well as other information portals and resources; and
Experience, Skills and knowledge - Requirements
It is essential that the incumbent of this role have:
- Knowledge of database storage, collection and aggregation models, techniques and technologies
- Knowledge of Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) techniques and methodologies
- Knowledge of Apache Airflow and ability to construct associated directed acyclic graphs (DAGs)
- Knowledge of Docker, Kafka, MapReduce, Hadoop
- Experience with AWS services (including Lambda, API Gateway, S3, Redshift)
- Experience with Tableau visualisation techniques and data sourcing practices
What can the organisation offer? "Benefits'
- The opportunity to join an industry leading and iconic sports organisation
- Attractive and competitive remuneration package, inclusive of salary packaging benefits
- Dynamic and varied work assignments and projects
- Genuine work/life balance and access to industry leading Employee Assistance programs, and development/mentoring initiatives
- A fun yet high performing workplace that is committed to diversity and inclusion
- Access to industry events and race meetings every day of the year
- On-site gym, subsidised café and free car parking and is well-accessed by public transport, both by train and tram