- New South Wales
- Competitive Salary
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Kiri Evans
- 8 days ago
We're looking for great people who have great ideas and are great at communication. As a member of our client's engineering team you will dive in to solve problems, collaborate with the team, make pragmatic decisions, you have low-ego, love learning, enjoy coaching and you get stuff done!
Our client is one of the few companies in Australia building a scalable web application with new technologies including ReactJS, Elixir and GraphQL.
They work in an Agile environment, using a variety of tools and frameworks. They're rebuilding a legacy PHP application into a new architecture, here's the tech they are using at the moment:
- Node, ReactJS, Jest, Cypress, Typescript, Flow
- Elixir, Phoenix
- Elasticsearch, Postgresql, MySQL, Redis, RabbitMQ
- CircleCI, Git, AppSignal, Datadog
- Docker, Kubernetes
Our client is one of Australia's fastest growing startups. They are an online marketplace that connects over 20,000 consultants to thousands of companies including several household names. They pride themselves on the diverse and creative team that builds the their platform and experience.
About the Role
You will work in a multi-disciplinary squad alongside developers, product managers and designers, working on new features, the Design System, migration of legacy system as well as provide input into the frontend architecture.
- You have experience with ReactJS
- A talent and appreciation for HTML and CSS
- You care about and are a champion for accessibility
- You have good knowledge in build tools, build configuration and frontend best practises
- Experience with APIs, having used them extensively or written a few yourself
- You're familiar with cross browser quirks and progressive enhancement
- You care about testing and have used frameworks like Jest, Puppeteer or Cypress
- You've built reusable, clean code with performance and simplicity in mind
- Collaborate well with designers and have empathy and understanding for design
- You've worked with Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- You enjoy coaching and knowledge sharing with developers and designers
- You communicate effectively with stakeholders and team members
- Design Systems experience
- GraphQL and frameworks (e.g. Relay, Apollo or similar)
- An interest or experience with website performance (e.g. using Speedcurve or similar)
Our client aims to support their team, with a flexible working environment, including the ability to work from home and remotely.
They give their team opportunities to learn via training and personal development. In addition to these they also run in Tech: Shareback sessions, learning workshops and supporting the Tech Community.
Our client want their teams to be happy, motivated and have a great work-life balance. So they do things like: Yoga, touch footy, fortnightly company lunch, board games and playstation.
They value diversity at their company. No matter where you are from or what you believe in, they simply ask that you are committed to your role, your colleagues and your work.
Interested? Submit your CV and apply online.