- $120.00 - $150.00 per hour
- Job Type
- Jenna Paku
- 9 days ago
- Oversee delivery of strategic projects
- Contract to 30 June 2020 + extensions
- Australian Citizenship + Baseline clearance essential
Our client is a Federal Government department involved in the development and implementation of policies and programs to ensure Australia's farming, fisheries, food and forestry industries remain competitive, profitable and sustainable, and supports the sustainable and productive management and use of rivers and water resources. Our client has about 5000 staff working in offices, airports, mail centres, shipping ports, laboratories and abattoirs; located in regional centres, rural communities and capital cities.
This opportunity will see you tasked with ensuring the successful delivery of a range of strategic projects. You will support the implementation of future state application architecture as our client works towards its key aims of service delivery modernisation, financial sustainability and cost recovery arrangements.
Your duties will include:
- Prepare reports, artefacts and documentation for project boards, executives and governance requirements
- Provide strong leadership, advice and stewardship across the program
- Undertake project management activities to fill gaps as required
- Commit to execution of the department's ICT strategy
- Ensure compliance with governance arrangements
- Commit to undertake peer review and to be reviewed
Skills and Attributes
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Experience using a variety of project management methodologies, such as PMBoK, PRINCE2, Agile etc.
- Familiarity with managing applications development projects in an Oracle Applications Development Framework environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with business leaders and service providers
- Ability to manage operational and tactical aspects of large scale applications and infrastructure projects
- Ability to manage and mitigate risks across multiple projects
- Experience in the activities and function of a PMO or P3O (desirable)
- Experience in peer review of project plans (desirable)
It is a requirement of this position that the successful candidate must be an Australian Citizen and hold a current Baseline security clearance.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to Blake Willoughby-Thomas at Talent International by clicking the "APPLY NOW' button. Alternatively, you can contact Blake on 02 6285 3500 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.