Our client, an industry leading WA based organisation are seeking the skills of an experienced Senior Java Devleper on an immediate start contract engagement to provide core design and development services for multiple large system upgrade projects.
Key requirements of the role:
- Providing production maintenance support to the design and development team.
- Carrying out the development of enterprise class systems and with development in a J2EE Websphere environment, JSF, DB2 and SQL server.
- Designing, coding, testing system applications from specifications using agreed standards and tools to achieve a well-engineered product application.
- Analysing and developing software for high-level technical design specifications.
- Strong commercial background as a Senior Java/J2EE Developer working on commercial bespoke web application projects.
- Experience in code changes to support migrations from Websphere to other application platform.
- Highly skilled in the design and development of applications in a J2EE Websphere environment, JSF, DB2 and SQL server.
- Personable, and team focused but can work in an autonomous environment also.
- Liaise with the operational teams as required.
- Core knowledge of SVN, JIRA and Fogbugz
- Knowledge of Git and Java build systems using Gradle.
- Background and knowledge in the Docker containerisation space especially in creating images for applications and running them as containers.
- Experience in "Lift and Shift' type projects in the J2EE space i.e. Java version upgrade (e.g. Java 6 to Java 8), Conversion to usage of Spring Framework and Dependency Injection.
- Spring Boot knowledge.
Then please hit apply now, or further info please contact either Leera Srivastava or James Hardley @ Talent on 0892213300.