Australian company specializing in communications satellite technology. The company serves over 350 customers across more than 2,000 terrestrial sites in approximately 50 countries and more than 1,187 maritime vessels and offshore rigs.
Why has it come about?
We need an experienced network engineer to join the team and to assist with building and maintaining a network for one of Australia's leading Telcos.
In the role you'll be:
A Senior Network Engineer who will have responsibility to work on solution design, implementation, problem resolution and service improvements for network infrastructure and service delivery teams. The network technology will cover infrastructure that is in our customer data centers and local dev/test/staging environments. The engineer will require skills in multiple technologies and vendor platforms such as Juniper, Fortinet, Cisco and F5 and will be competent in areas of network technologies, load balancing and firewalling. The position requires after hours work in both operations and delivery to meet business requirements and key accountability. Juniper experience is a must
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To be located onsite at St Kilda Rd office in Melbourne as a technical expert and work in 3rd level support team.
- Solution design and implementation of Juniper MPLS, QoS, IPv6 and QinQ technologies
- Design, plan, document and implement network improvements, changes and project deliverables
- Participate in network integration, testing of WAN, LAN and Datacentre technologies
- Act as a 3rd Level Network Technical resources during planned work or outages
- Collaboration with network operators and engineers in relation to network design, problems and improvements
- Support escalations from Tier 2 operational teams
- Escalate problems to 3rd party vendors and drive problems to resolution
- Implement or assist with problem resolution within incident SLA times
- Participate in change control, CAB process and ITIL practices
- Ability to work in a sometimes high-pressure, project deadline environment
- Participate in an on-call roster
- The "can do" work ethic.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Juniper MPLS EVPN design and deployment
- Juniper IPv6 and QoS are highly advantageous
- Minimum 10 years of network administration experience in design, configuring, managing and troubleshooting of Juniper networks
- Minimum 5 years' experience managing firewalls
- Juniper certified network expert or equivalent experience - Juniper JNCIE-SP certifications desired.
- Demonstrated strong technical, analytical and problem-solving ability.
- IT degree or equivalent qualification and relevant IT certifications are highly advantageous.
- Police clearance will be required