Primary purpose of the role:
The Senior Policy/Planning Officer develops, implements and reviews existing planning policies in the context of broader policy and delivery frameworks and provides advice on complex policy issues to assist deliver a streamlined planning system in line with Government and Department objectives.
- Manage and coordinate allocated policy development, implementation and review projects and initiatives to contribute to improved policy directions and outcomes
- Provide timely, expert and accurate advice to enhance informed decision making across the Department about policy issues and initiatives
- Undertake qualitative and quantitative research and analysis to evaluate issues and formulate evidence based options and recommendations to support policy and program development and implementation
- Develop policy and contribute to ongoing policy monitoring and evaluation to assess the social and economic impacts of policy and to enhance consistent policy execution and quality service delivery
- Prepare reports, submissions, briefing notes and correspondence to address identified issues and respond to requests for information
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of systems, policies and procedures to enhance effective team operations
- Complete other duties under direction
- Degree in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Environment Planning and Assessment Act 1979, other legislation governing land use and environmental planning in NSW and the implementation of State Environmental Planning Policies
- Strong attention to detail
- Available immediately to commence
If you can successfully demonstrate all the above, then please apply now. For further information you may contact Jessica Abboud on 02 9223 9855 for a confidential discussion.