- market rate
- Job Type
- Matt Brearley
- 24 days ago
In response to a recent review, the department has accepted a number of recommendations for improvements to the way water is managed within rural qld.
As the incoming project manager, you will be responsible for managing the assessment of the current systems against recommendations, new requirements gathering and business case development for either system replacement or enhancements.
Your ability to manage BA's and other technical staff where required and strong stakeholder management skills will be vital.
Ideally, you will be able to demonstrate a project history of having worked on projects at similar phases.
- Strong project management experience preferably within government departments
- Project history managing projects through an initial assessment and business case development
- Clear project history around delivering COTS or vendor-led implementations
- Ideally, any experience moving projects through to RFQ phase
- Development of a business case for transformational investment in the client's water information systems
- Scoping and delivery of interim capabilities to address key commitments to improve existing water information, accounting and compliance outcomes;
- Delivery of new systems capabilities under funding provided by the Australian Government to improve the state of water management in the Murray-Darling Basin.Leading the successful delivery of complex ICT projects using an agreed Project Management methodology (e.g. PRINCE2,
- Water information systems will be appointing a business partner (consulting firm) to develop project artefacts. The successful candidate will work closely with the project team and business partner to support the development of these artefacts.
The initial project phase will involve working with a business partner to develop a business case, future investment roadmap and other supporting artefacts to support a funding request for transformative investment in the clients water information systems.
If you would like to know about the role click the 'Apply' button now. Alternatively, contact Danielle Wren or Matt Brearley on 07 3221 3333.