- $50 - $56 per hour
- Job Type
- Lauren Fyfe
- 9 days ago
- June 2020 initial contract
- Canberra or Geelong location
- Experience working across multiple jurisdictions will be highly regarded
About the role:
The Senior Project Officer will be responsible for coordinating and supporting project work and governance arrangements within various jurisdictions. The Senior Project Officer will also build and nurture sustainable relationships, both across the Agency and with jurisdictions. The work will be varied, fast-paced, and highly valued. The Senior Project Officer will provide quality and timely reporting to the Executive on matters related to engagement with State and Territory officials and other external governance bodies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and/or coordinate briefing material to support Executive attendance at intergovernmental and trilateral forums.
- Develop and support relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve objectives, and anticipate and respond to stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Build governance-related capability across the Agency by engaging and working with subject matter experts, implementing processes and tools, and undertaking continuous quality improvement of existing practises and processes.
- Maintain the register of actions and risks arising from trilateral forums and prepare progress reports for the senior executive.
- Critically analyse information from a variety of sources to identify and monitor emerging themes and issues relevant to the work of the agency or its participation in the intergovernmental forums.
- Monitor and record issues and concerns raised by States and Territories to assist with Agency briefing and relationship management.
- Actively participate in cross agency meetings internal and external forums, representing the area.
- Extensive experience writing for Government would be highly regarded.
- Understanding of the governance arrangements for the Agency's responsibilities and involvement in intergovernmental and trilateral forums.
- Be able to work collaboratively with others to deliver on the objectives of the Agency and for building strong links between State and Territory Governments and the agency;
- Be highly organised in coordinating and monitoring projects, reporting progress against actions and escalating identified risks;
- Contribute to the development of major programs of work that are agreed at relevant internal and external government forums;
- Complete status reporting for internal and external governance forums.
To apply for this opportunity, please contact Lauren Fyfe on 02 6285 3500 or click the "APPLY NOW' button below.