- Melbourne C B D
- Hourly Rate APS6
- Job Type
- Kylie McManus
- 11 days ago
Multiple Senior Research Officers are required to join the recently established Research and Evaluation Branch of a federal agency responsible for implementing Australia's largest social reform since Medicare.
Initial contract terms are approved to the end of the financial year (30 June 2020) with extensions into 2021 and beyond highly likely.
Full time or 4 days per week part time possible.
The Evaluation Service and Research Service teams have been set up to provide the Agency leadership team with decision making support and the research required to create a world-class disability insurance scheme (disability research is not required).
You'll be working in a team supporting the Directors to establish the research and evaluation capability, evidence-informed practice, build relationships with external experts and improve processes.
- Prepare and run focus groups, surveys, and interviews
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Prepare ethics applications
- Develop theory of change, program logic models and evaluation frameworks and plans
- Produce reports, journals, publications and presentations
- Introduce processes and procedures for research and evaluation
- Support the team as it evolves !
Selection Criteria (one or more)
- Relevant Bachelor's degree or higher with hands-on research or evaluation experience (eg a research thesis, publications)
- Demonstrated experience collecting, managing and analysing qualitative and/or quantitative data (eg surveys, focus groups, user testing, data collection)
- Demonstrated awareness of the principles of confidentiality, privacy and information handling
- Data management and analysis, such as Nvivo or Stata
- Experience in writing reports and academic publications
- Any experience with research within government policy, healthcare, aged care, and/or disability services would be highly regarded but NOT mandatory - successful candidates can apply their data and research skills to a number of areas eg analysis of disability type, housing/employment, interventions/therapies etc
To apply please email Kylie.McManus@talentinternational.com | (03) 9236 7725
Full working rights, federal background checks, and ability to respond to one or more selection criteria will be required.