The Senior SAP Security Analyst is primarily responsible for the design, build, test, implementation and ongoing administration of security solutions that enable business process objectives and outcomes, whilst providing an appropriate level of information security risk and governance control. This role is a senior role within the team and will mentor others SAP Security Analysts, including review of their documentation and ideas.
- Lead and role-model customer focus by treating all internal and external customers with honesty, fairness, sensitivity and dignity, by designing processes and procedures with the customer in mind, and by working together with other areas of the department to solve customer issues.
- Work in partnership with your team leader to agreed performance standards and mutual expectations. Give and receive regular feedback to enable performance to be improved and take personal responsibility for optimising your potential.
- Work directly with business analysts, key users, functional analysts, business users, help desk (level one Solution Centre) staff and as required with project team members to; implement and support user roles, authorisations and functions across the SAP application footprint, and administer and improve the SAP technical security landscape.
- Perform troubleshooting and root-cause analysis of incidents, problems and issues that arise in the SAP access and security space, including second and third level support to the solution centre.
- Ensure all open SAP access and security incidents, requests and changes are followed up regularly and provide constant feedback to impacted users, key business stakeholders and colleagues in the SAP Support Model.
- Perform expert SAP access and security functional consulting, including options analyses, impact analyses and functional specification relating to future plans for process and systems enhancements within the SAP application landscape.
- Implement configuration changes in non-production environments and perform unit and functional unit testing of the changes prior to promoting to production via approved transport policies and processes to ensure system integrity.
- Manage troubleshooting or escalations of level three security requests, to Application vendors (e.g.: Accenture, SAP) to ensure functional specification and testing requirements are managed, documented and articulated.
- Oversee enforcement of policies for SAP system security and create and maintain detailed security operational and technical documentation, policies and procedures including for segregation of duties and other compliance items.
- Conduct periodic audits of accounts and access by performing online research and producing reports of users with access to particular systems or resources. Provide updated user listings periodically for review or upon request by management or data owners.
- Provide expert SAP access and security functional advice, guidance and or review services to other teams within the support model - e.g. business process analysts and functional analysts when planning process or system changes; or business subject matter experts (SMEs) or help desk representatives when preparing training documentation or simple how to guides.
- Mentor and coach other SAP Security Analysts within the SAP Technical Services Team and ensure all team members are able to contribute to the team performance targets and service level agreements to ensure customer satisfaction levels.
- Ability to contribute to team direction, give and receive feedback and achieve agreed performance standards in order to contribute to a culture of performance excellence, provide support and guidance to SAP Security Analysts.
- Substantial senior experience working in SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) environments (project and/or support) in security and access related consulting, technical analysis and/or functional analysis roles.
- Demonstrated experience in at least one end to end SAP project implementations in a process driven environment in SAP security and access related analysis and implementation roles.
- Substantial senior experience providing hands-on SAP security and access analysis, implementation and administration services within a SAP or ICT support organisation for a medium to large organisation, including evidence of analysis, documentation, implementation and testing of SAP security and access system changes.
- Demonstrated experience in a lead role, in a SAP security and access related function including day to day coordination of at least two people, superior stakeholder engagement, technical leadership and communication skills, particularly influencing and negotiation skills and articulating constraints.
- Substantial experience in business-as-usual security and access administration with the following tool sets: SAP Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) Access Controls; and SAP Identity Management (IDM).
- Superior problem solving skills including the ability to critically analyse requirements, and identify root causes within a SAP security and access landscape and make sound recommendations.