- Melbourne C B D
- High 100
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Kylie McManus
- about 1 month ago
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Software Architect to join a new transformation build program. You will be working in a small but growing Distributed Agile project team, reporting into the Program Manager and working alongside Engineering Lead, Product Owners, and BA, mentoring and leading a Tech Lead and development squad expected to grow next year.
We are seeking a thought-leader in modern engineering practices including event driven and DDD (Domain Driven Design), distributed microservices based applications within the Amazon Web Services (AWS) stack with complex API's and integration.
This customer-centric business has a culture of continuous improvement, learning, and sharing knowledge, you will need to demonstrate your contribution and commitment to engineering best-practice.
- Develop the architecture roadmap and future state for a multi-location AWS cloud native platform (AWS/Java)
- Collaborate with the Technical Lead, Engineering Lead, Product Owner, BA and Engineering squad (on-shore/off-shore)
- Mentor development and develop world class engineering standards through review and approvals processes and Agile guilds (lunch and learns)
- Work with mutliple partners and the business to design integration specs and API's
- Manage and work through RFI/RFT processes as needed and engage vendors
- Research, consult, mentor, coach and drive best practice architecture and engineering
- Consult with Program Manager and CxO level program sponsors and GM's and a range of internal teams and stakeholders - this role will require you to operate strategically and in the development trenches
- Background in software development (Java ideally) and at least 5-10+ years in Solution Architecture roles
- Demonstrated experience leading the architecture of a new greenfields AWS/Java software application
- Experience developing architecture for new software solutions and setting up architecture roadmaps, reviews, approvals processes
- Thought leadership in AWS and Event Driven Architecture, DDD, Microservices and the latest integration patterns and frameworks
- Experience designing for scalability and security
- Experience in large, complex environments (global) Distributed Agile projects crossing multiple timezones
- Experience with RFI/RFT and vendor/build partner engagement
- Distributed Agile, on-shore/off-shore models
- CI/CD, DevOps
This is a complex Distributed Agile program with stakeholders and team members crossing multiple timezones, so flexibility to work outside standard business hours with flexibility is a must. The role will commence initially as a 12-month fixed term with potential to extend or convert to permanency enabling you to access bonuses, generousparental leave and associated financial benefits, training, additional leave and a host of perks.
Kylie.email@example.com // 0408 388 680
Jarrodd.firstname.lastname@example.org // 0438 661 623