The Senior Software Engineer in the Internet Services Engineering team is responsible for the development, maintenance, enhancement and support of key Broadband Internet platforms and services, which includes watch cellular service, eSIM provisioning, enable iMessage & FaceTime, Mobile Authentication, Entitlement, Network HSS/HLR integration, APNS Integration and B2B services to internal & external systems. These platforms and services are focused on various ISP and Mobile related technologies and protocols with an intensive use of the Catalyst framework, Mobile Authentication protocols, Ansible and Perl scripting language in a Linux environment.
Key output for this role include:
- Successfully design high performance mobile and fixed BB applications to support millions of customers
- Successfully design interface contracts, API and related documents to meet internal IT/Network and external vendor systems
- Successfully develop and deploy software in test and production environments
- Satisfactory code testing and reporting of testing
- Project and system documentation
- Satisfactory communication and liaison with peers within and other teams
- Satisfactory communication and liaison with management.
- Programming skills must (Python) - (must)
- Linux (must)
- RESTful APIs, Web Services, Kafka, Airflow, Ngnx/API gateways (must)
- Experience GIT/CVS, CI/CD, Devops, Agile practices etc.
- Open source database (any one or more - MySQL/PostGress/MongoDb etc) - (must)
- Must have used one or more Configuration Management Software Automation Tools - Ansible / Puppet/ Docker (must)
- Network devices connectivity using 1 or more protocols (SSH,,SNMP, TELEMETRIC, YANG data modelling etc) (must)
- Expertise in design and developing customer and internal facing HA infra and applications in multi-site such as Web Portals, API, back end integrations etc.
- Knowledge of BGP, BGP LS, PCEP
- Data Visualization Dashboard tools such as Grafana, Kibana, OpenTSB, Clickhouse, Hadoop, R etc.
- Knowledge of openstack architecture - tooling & integrations, and onboarding
- SDLC / Networking skills with good design, POC, and able to articulate and justify the benefits / merits
- Responsive design of multi form factors/device web applications- css, java script, perl/python frame works