- Australian Capital Territory
- $125000.00 - $150000.00 per annum
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Steven Jobson
- 15 days ago
- Permanent Opportuntity
- Local Canberra Tech Company - International focus
- Great company culture
Our client are currently seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer specialising in Security for Product Development team. You'll be working with a top team of talented professionals to deliver next generation products.
Our client is an open source as-a-service company, delivering reliability at scale. Their service is built and operated from Canberra and provides cutting-edge open source technologies (Cassandra, Kafka, Spark, Elasticsearch) to customers around the world.
You will be a member of the Development Tools, Standards and Security team which is accountable for development and maintenance of the Managed Platform security architecture. This includes implementing security tools and features, and also defining security requirements, developing security patterns and standards, and reviewing designs from a security perspective.
Duties and activities
- Design and implement security features and tools
- Act as a design reviewer on new features and changes from a security perspective to ensure that these comply with security requirements.
- Understand the risk profile and drive technical security changes in order to ensure the risk is within tolerances.
- Understand compliance obligations and ensure that new functionality is compliant with those obligations.
- Develop technical security standards and patterns to guide product engineering teams.
- Coding languages and techniques in a modern programming language such as Java, Python, C# or C++.
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- A solid understanding of computer network principles
- Tertiary qualifications in software engineering (or related discipline).
- An interest in IT security, software vulnerabilities and secure development.
Please contact Steve at Talent on 6285 3500 for more information.