About the Role
The Senior Software Development Engineer is responsible for leading the design and development of ICT enabling technologies as well as leading tactical ICT system enhancements, refactoring ICT systems (e.g. from on-premise to cloud solutions), designing/developing system wrappers to leverage the enabling technologies (e.g. APIs) and preparing the business for the implementation of new enterprise solutions. Solutions being refactored, developed or procured are used to deliver services internally and to other external stakeholders and customers using a combination of on-premise and cloud technologies. Cloud DevSecOps, AWS, Azure and experience with contemporary IT capabilities/services in a Continuous Integration/Deployment environment are critical to the success of this role; and the program overall.
The Senior Software Development Engineer will guide the work of Software Developers and service providers whilst also ensuring alignment to the Enterprise Architecture through maintaining a close relationship with the Lead Solution Architect and Security Specialist.
The Senior Software Development Engineer will be joining an Agile and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) working environment working closely with Product Managers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Test Analysts and DevSecOps Engineers.
- Development of engineering solutions for complex systems engineering problems and refactoring/wrapping existing solutions, throughout the full engineering lifecycle
- Design, development and deployment of business and micro-services using Azure hybrid cloud Platform as a Service (PaaS) components and integrating systems via Azure PaaS based services such as API Management, Service Bus, etc. applying Azure best practices.
- Design, development and deployment of business and micro-services using AWS cloud Platform as a Service (PaaS) components and integrating systems via AWS PaaS based services such as API Gateway, Simple Queue Service, Simple Notification Service, etc. applying AWS best practices.
- Maintain accurate configuration management of deployed systems applying Continuous Integration/Deployment in an highly secure enterprise environment
- Mentor Software Developers and guide development of software engineering artefacts
- Support the ideation and development of prototypes
- Identify, interpret and ensure that all relevant systems design and security standards are met
- Work closely with internal IT teams and cross-agency partners to support development, integration, test and evaluation activities
- Support formal and informal design reviews, project meetings and other reporting requirements
- Help create an innovative, creative and fun team culture, capable of developing advanced technologies.
- Maintain the integrity and traceability of the solution architecture work products throughout the program
- Contribute to a common vision for the functional, technical and architectural components of solutions.
- Translate and interpret system requirements that are in the form of Epics, Features and User Stories to provide guidance to software developers
- Assist with solving technical problems when they arise
- Ensure the implementation of agreed architecture and infrastructure
- Address technical concerns, ideas and suggestions
To find out more, please "Apply for this job" or contact Matt Brearley or Michael Tran on (07) 3221 3333.
For a list of all vacant positions, please see our website www.talentinternational.com