You will be working closely with C-level stakeholders to help them on their journey to a robust digital future through human-centered design.
Whilst collaborating with strategists, researchers and technology specialists, your work will combine elements of strategy, user-research, visioning, ideation, visual storytelling, business model design, rapid prototyping, and in-market concept testing and experimentation to create cutting-edge, insight-based prototypes and compelling, immersive storytelling that help companies envision their future.
As a designer who has created exceptional user-centered experiences that inspire others with the value of design and someone that is more about doing than talking, you will be able to demonstrate in your application:
- 5- 10 years experience leading human-centered interaction design activities, e.g. research, information architecture, task flows, wireframes and understanding of latest UX patterns.
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken, in English and cross-cultural or international working experience and appetite for more.
- Examples of your interest in innovation, business strategy, and the challenges of transforming large enterprises, and enthusiasm for using the design process to make businesses more effective, relevant and successful.
- A professional portfolio demonstrating both visual and interaction design experience. Strong visual design background, e.g. color, composition, typography is a plus.
- Applying emerging and proven design-led and human-centered techniques with large Enterprise companies and clients
- Demonstrate experience conducting or participating in user-centered research to generate actionable insights through to thoughtful design concepts for mobile apps, web, accessibility, and analytics.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity, a solution-finding approach that supports collaboration, and enthusiastic about working in a culture of critique and iteration with all team members. Self-motivated, a good communicator, and able to balance quality deliverables with tight deadlines.
- Entrepreneurial bias for action with the ability to resolve problems with limited resources and input, knowledge of leading companies in Asia Pacific and relationships with executives in these and other companies.