- Adelaide Based Role
- Job Type
- Taliya Pagnozzi
- 11 months ago
- 6 month contract highly likely to extend
- Cisco WAN, LAN, switching products including IE and Catalyst switches
- Adelaide CBD
We are seeking a Senior Wired Network Engineer to design, optimise and integrate industrial communications networks. The Senior Wired Network Engineer will be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in all aspects of the industrial communications domain including WAN, LAN, Routing, Switching, Firewall and Telecommunications technologies.
The wired Network Engineer will participate in the development and maintenance of design blueprints and standards for wired communications networks to maintain Performance, Availability, Security, Safety Critical Communications and OT Applications such as Fleet Management Systems (FMS), drilling operation and process control services.
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience with one or more of the following technologies: WAN, LAN, IEEE 802.3 protocols, TCP/IP, Security, Industrial Ethernet, PoE, VoIP etc.
- Hands on experience with Cisco WAN, LAN and industrial switching products including IE and Catalyst switches
- Experience in performing site surveys of customer environments to determine the pre/post state of a network
- Experience in optimizing WAN/LAN and other capacity management practices to maximize return on investment
- Detailed knowledge of tasks related to maintaining complex network systems supporting IT / OT environment
- Experience running complex performance data analyses and develop KPI optimization plans.
- Proven track record in delivery of support services.
- Experience in a large scale and multitenancy network with distributed local area networks in industrial operation
- Familiarity in 1SAP/SAP Work Management and Service Now Incident Management System
- Experience in Network troubleshooting, Problem solving and understanding of root cause analysis techniques
- Exposure to the critical communication systems for operating large processing, mining/heavy machinery.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborated with a small group of internal stakeholders on individual contributor and supervisory level
If the role sounds interesting, please apply online or call Taliya on 8228 1570 or apply online.