- Competitive daily rate
- Job Type
- Kapil Arora
- 8 days ago
- Actively participate in the development and maintenance of OT (Operational Technology) communications standards and blueprints
- Design and develop technical solutions that adhere to OT communications standards
- Document high and low-level designs, as-built and maintenance strategies pertinent to delivering wireless services
- into operations
- Assist the principal/s and the manager to develop and maintain the life cycle of various network components of a wireless transmission network
- Lead factory acceptance testing, site acceptance testing and commissioning of new solutions as part of operations delivery
- Tertiary qualification in Telecommunications/Computer Science stream or least 5 years' professional work experience in a related field.
- Trade certificate in various transmission and communications technologies, electronic communications / Network Technologies including wired and wireless / safety and critical communication systems
- IT network certifications (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE - or industry recognised equivalent)
- Open/unrestricted Cabling Licence
- Valid Australian C class driver's license
Skills and experience:
- Multi-skilled across IP Network Engineering, Communications and Electronic systems including Radio Frequency, IEEE 802.11 protocols, Microwave backhaul transport and IoT network systems
- Strong history with leading wireless vendor products and technologies (including Cisco, Motorola, Aruba, Cambium, Ruckus, Ubiquiti, etc.)
- Solid knowledge in using industry-standard network monitoring and management tools (Solarwinds, Splunk, Prime etc.) and develop monitoring tool requirements for new services
- Familiarity to IP networks (Routing, Switching and Firewalls).
- Familiarity in hosting and infrastructure, virtualization experience using VMWare
- Familiarity in solar DC power systems (Solar panels, batteries and regulators)
- Thorough understanding of Cat 5e, Cat 6 and OM3/4 - OS2 fibre optic cabling systems
- Good understanding of industry cable test procedures and equipment for a variety of different cabling systems
- (Copper/Fiber test equipment, OTDR, Network analyzer, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with Cisco WLAN and switching products including Aironet radios, WLAN controllers and IE/Catalyst switches
- Experience in performing wireless site surveys of customer environments to determine the pre/post state of a wireless network.
- Understanding of mining operations and practices
If this role is of your interest, please submit your CV by clicking the "Apply for this job" button below.