Primary purpose of the role
The Senior Workplace Relations Advisor provides high level strategic advice internally to senior management of the organisations on workplace relations issues and the achievement of the Government's workplace objectives
- Manage the development of system-wide workplace relations policies regarding the terms and conditions of engagement of staff across the organisation
- Negotiate industrial agreements and instruments with associations representing the organisation staff
- Respond to requests from public health organisations for information on complex workplace issues and for advice on appropriate strategies to deal with staffing or workplace problems
- Examine and provide advice on requests by public health organisations for departures from standard terms and conditions of engagement where sought to meet local circumstances and exigencies
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key staff in public health organisations and representative associations to maintain an awareness of current trends, and to facilitate the resolution of issues
- Within the Workplace Relations Branch, assume functional responsibility for specified sectors across the organisation
- Substantial experience in the provision of workplace relations advice in a complex environment
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of industrial relations, and the application of industrial relations policies and legislation to employment situations, including in the public sector.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct nuanced and sensitive negotiations, and preparing and/or conducting cases before the Industrial Relations Commission and other tribunals
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as industrial relations, law or human resources and/or demonstrated relevant professional experience
If you can demonstrate all the above, then please apply now. For further information, you may contact Jessica Abboud on 02 9223 9855 for a confidential discussion.