- $125.00 - $140 per hour
- Job Type
- Steven Jobson
- about 1 month ago
- Start in January 2021
- Contract until June + 12 month extension
- Baseline clearance required
We are currently seeking a Service Designer to support ongoing major projects for a medium/large federal government agency.
As an experienced Service Designer, you will work in collaboration with the Service Experience Section in undertaking user research, systems mapping, and design and delivery of innovative services. You will be responsible for driving a human-centric and holistic approach to service delivery, with a focus on aligning customer, business, and technology needs to deliver effective digital services and delightful customer experiences.
This is an opportunity to play an integral part in the transformation of government services to deliver fast, simple and user-centric services for government and the public. As an experienced consultant, you will the skills and relevant work experience to deliver design and research activities, and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise initiative and sound judgement.
The Service Designer will work closely with others in the team to:
- Champion a customer-centric and holistic approach to service delivery with a focus on gaining a true, end-to-end understanding of services and their ecosystem, and enable meaningful service improvements and systems design.
- Oversee discovery and user research activities to understand the current state of services and identify user needs and pain-points; undertaking a range of quantitative and qualitative research, and synthesising findings into practical and actionable insights.
- Undertake strategic design and evaluation of services ensuring the business model is feasible and sustainable to achieve strategic business objectives, and meeting the needs and expectations of customers.
- Undertake research activities to identify opportunities for organisation efficiency and capability improvement, and implement change management strategies to ensure adoption of desired change to processes, systems and behaviours.
- Coordinate and facilitate co-design and collaborative workshops, to reframe problems into opportunities, generate ideas, and run design experiments (in order to validate, test, and iterate on service solutions).
- Oversee the delivery of the customer experience across multiple services and develop guidelines, service principles and vision to ensure alignment of teams to strategic vision and ensure the delivery of a simple, seamless, and consistent customer experience.
- Build design thinking capability into the team and organisational culture, helping the organisation see their services from a customer perspective, and enabling teams to conduct user research and design activities.
- Track and measure service improvements to discern impact and delivery of value to customers and the organisation with an ability to instill benefits realisation activities over time.
To learn more about this position, please click the APPLY NOW button and one of our experienced consultants will be in contact.