You will be the first point of call for the departments Information Management & Technology's clients, responsible for logging and management of all tickets, providing telephone support, ticket resolution utilising remote desktop technology, and escalation to second- and third-level support for resolution where necessary.
- Deliver first contact remote IT support to provide both response and resolution in a timely manner to incidents or requests
- When required, deliver IT support to provide resolution in a timely manner to problems or requests that require On Site attendance. Examples include:
o Network Port patching
o Software fault assistance
- Conduct analysis, classify and transfer of service tickets to relevant support groups via the service management toolset
- Apply known solutions to customer reported issues
- Develop and maintain relationships contributing to virtual teams across the model to ensure the delivery of best practice service
- Contribute positively to stimulate and promote a team approach, and develop sound working relationships with clients on a day to day basis as a representative
- Keep management and other team members informed of progress and issues
- Identify tasks/issues that cannot be resolved and refer them to senior CSD staff and/or Technical Specialist Teams
- Develop, maintain and expand individual skills which are of benefit to the services delivered by IMT and that contribute to the skill set of the CSD Team
- Train and mentor more junior staff members.
- Assist with IMT project work as directed
- A formal tertiary qualification in an Information Technology field, or equivalent Information Technology experience.
- Demonstrated experience in a customer service environment and supporting a broad range of IT services, including: Network Services, videoconferencing, telephony, Windows based environments, Active directory, PC hardware and software installation, troubleshooting etc.
- A strong service delivery focus, including excellent oral and written communication skills and effective interactions with clients regardless of their levels of IT skill and experience.
- A proven track record as team player showing initiative, self-motivation, plus an ability and willingness to perform with minimal supervision and follow defined procedures accurately and consistently.
- Ability to collaborate with other teams in order to achieve operational objectives
- Experience in supporting operating environments other than Microsoft Windows, especially Apple Macintosh OS X and Linux/Unix operating systems (Desirable).