You will join the Project Architecture Services team to provide solution architecture services specific to projects on the organisations ICT Program of Work and to Minor Projects. These services are provided to a project when:
- An ICT solution is to be defined, designed or approved prior to implementation; or
- An ICT product or service is to be reviewed prior to acquisition.
The ICT Solution Architect will provide expert guidance on ICT solution architectures relating to various approved ICT enabled business initiatives appearing on the organisations ICT Program of Work and for Minor Projects as required.
These services include:
- Leading the ICT Solution Architecture activity for projects and delivering specific artefacts on behalf of identified stakeholders.
- Organising and planning the solution approach and obtaining endorsement of the approach and applicable solution and design artefacts from the Enterprise Architects and Security Architects.
- Development of solution specifications in a format applicable to the planned delivery approach.
- Organisation and planning of a solution approach and obtaining endorsement of the approach and applicable solution and design artefacts from the Enterprise Architects and Security Architects.
- Vendor engagement,
- Involvement in ICT service procurement processes and development of artefacts.
- Engagement with stakeholders (Business and Information Services branch) to elicit and document technical requirements aligned to business requirements where applicable.
- Implementation Architectures,
- High level design,
- Options Analysis and Recommendation,
- Procurement related Specifications and Evaluation (as required),
- Design Reviews and Validation, and
- Migration Implementation Approach.
- Substantial knowledge and demonstrated experience as a solution architect or consultant in multiple ICT domains in a complex organisation with a large ICT environment.
- Strong working experience of solution architecture methodologies, project management methodologies and in the development and review of solution options and roadmaps which are aligned to the Enterprise Architecture of a complex environment.
- Strong written communication skills. This includes the development and delivery of oral presentations and written reports targeted for the appropriate audience.
- Experience with ICT procurement and vendor engagement in large organisations
- Experience in developing solution architecture artefacts such as architecture implementation documentation, implementation approach and high level design documentation.