- Up to $700/day
- Job Type
- Petrina Hudson
- 5 months ago
- Performance Management - Nokia NPM or any other PM product.
- Service Quality Management - any SQM product
- Service Management - knowledge on Microfocus SM9 or Service Now
The Solution Designer (SD) for Service Assurance is a niche role that brings together capabilities from IT and Telecom's Networks. At a high level these include knowledge & experience of: Solution & Software design practices, Technical writing, Waterfall & agile project delivery methods, different testing (System Integration Testing, User Acceptance, Disaster Recovery).
You will need to understand at a high level, the components of a Telco Network, and Service Assurance of a Telco network, and systems that support the Network Management Centre, and Service Desks. As well as, have fundamental OSS domain knowledge, long time telecom operation/assurance working experience and deep understanding market available products on Service Management, Event Management and Performance Management.
- 10 years' experience in IT with at least 5 years' experience in Telco - Service Assurance in a technical / solution design role and will have technical accountability on projects with CAPEX value of up to $2M.
- Key understanding in telecom network performance management system such as Nokia NPM and SQM, Huawei PRS, Ericsson ENIQ-S or other similar product. Also need to have key understanding in SDLC/RAD/Agile Methodology, Perl, UNIX system commands/scripts, and basic understanding on C/C++, Oracle SQL, JAVA.
- Understanding of ITIL and Service Management with some experience on Microfocus SM9 or Service Now will be bonus.
- Basic understanding on Mobile, Transmission, Switching and IP network.
- Assist in the testing and deployment of solutions for long term and emergency network and assurance faults.
- You will be accountable for the creation of designs, governance of development and maintenance of Service Assurance OSS Systems, which are pivotal for supporting the delivery of mobile and fixed network engineering services, Wholesale and Consumer market areas.
- Accountable to create designs, govern technical delivery of technologies in Service Assurance.
- Prepare and present solution overviews for technical forums, or to seek management endorsement of the technical solution, the forums can include: Solution Review Forums, InfoSec, Offshoring and Outsourcing working group (OOWG).
- Providing input into Project artefacts delivered by other resources such as Project Schedule, Issues & Risks registers, Requirements documents, Test planning & Strategy documents with a view to ensuring the quality of the Solution and Solution delivery.
- Accountable for bringing together disparate component subsystems into a whole and ensuring that those subsystems function together with scalability, stability and robust resilience.
- Responsible for providing technical consulting to project, ensuring solutions are aligned to OSS architecture guidelines.
- Delivery of software applications and integration development of high quality, within agreed scope