- Australian Citizenship required
- Contract to June 2021 with 12 month extension option
- SQL Server stack (SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, Power BI)
About the Organisation
Committed to the importance of learning and development, health benefits, work-life balance and diversity, our client is a Federal Government department involved in the development and implementation of policies and programs to ensure Australia's farming, fisheries, food and forestry industries remain competitive, profitable and sustainable, and supports the sustainable and productive management and use of rivers and water resources. Our client has about 5000 staff working in offices, airports, mail centres, shipping ports, laboratories and abattoirs located in regional centres, rural communities and capital cities.
About the Role
The SQL Server BI Administrator is required to work within a small, highly skilled team of data analysts to provide services under the direction, including:
- Manage users, roles and privileges within different tiers of a SQL Server reporting environment
- Maintain database integrity and data governance
- Develop Extract-Transform-Load processes for ingesting new data sources
- Deploy new agent jobs and improve existing ones
- Perform backup and recovery
- Document relevant processes
- Provide input to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity
Skills and Experience
- Experience in SQL Server monitoring and capacity planning
- Experience in deploying and troubleshooting promotion from lower to higher environments in an agile environment
- Developing and maintaining SSIS packages
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in managing SQL Server stack (SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, Power BI) desirable
- Experience with scripting languages like PowerShell, VB scripting, C# or similar desirable
It is a requirement that the successful applicant be an Australian Citizen and either hold or be eligible to obtain a Baseline security clearance.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to Wanya at Talent International by clicking the "APPLY NOW' button. Alternatively, you can contact Wanya on 02 6129 6307 or at Wanya.Eggler@talentinternational.com for further information.