You will join an ever-growing team of entrepreneurs, designers, technologists, engineers, venture architects, marketers and investors all with the same vision of developing and launching game-changing products and businesses.
As the Strategic Designer, you are a generalist who will carry out research to identify consumer and commercial opportunities, design end-to-end service and system propositions, and then create early-stage prototypes to test and validate assumptions.
You are multi-disciplinary experts with a depth of skill across 3 core areas of the design process:
- Human-Centred Design, Strategy and Research: Holistic, methodical and human-centred approach to product and service design from research and insight generation - to concept - to deliverable; Conduct quantitative research investigations that help strategically frame, validate or challenge other forms of research; Develop ethnographic research and contextual design; Identify insights from customer research and market analysis; Contribute to deep trend analysis and research of interesting exemplars in the marketplace; Bring your research to life through personas, customer journeys, insight-opportunity frameworks, system maps, stories and scenarios.
- Service and System Design: Passionate about growing people-first services. From value proposition to brand to customer experience to scale, you thrive in putting all of the pieces together; Establish a data dictionary, entities and information architecture at appropriate levels of fidelity for the stage of the project; Starting with key journeys, create information and process flows for a customer's interaction with the business and product - prototype and iterate as required; Develop initial service blueprint and identify minimum viable services.
- User Experience Design: Narration and storytelling skills to bring product ideas to life; Develop concepts, wireframes and prototypes at a level of finish that fits the stage of the process; Construct quick interactive prototypes with initial, low fidelity visual designs that illustrate your UX/UI design; Provide appropriate specs for engineers to prototype proofs of concept; Provide clear product direction and design principles for UI designers.
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills, empathy and willingness to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Methodology-agnostic and a strong believer in applying the right tool for the job
- Corporate and/or start-up / scale-up experience
- Pragmatic and incremental approach to developing the fidelity of new business and customer propositions
- Positive attitude and an intrinsic motivation to deliver the highest quality work
- Excellent knowledge of prototyping tools such as Sketch, Axure, Invision or Flinto
- Reasonable sketching/paper prototyping skills - able to quickly create physical test assets
This is a contract role with an immediate start available.
For more information about the role please email your CV directly to: email@example.com