- New South Wales
- Job Type
- Anna Au
- 29 days ago
NSW Government Organisation
Up to 2 years contract
Talent International is working in partnership with a high profile government organisation to assist in sourcing Surveillance Officers on a long term contract based in Blakehurst.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide efficient and effective support to the Project Engineer, Project Manager, and Senior Project Manager.
- Manage routine surveillance activities and maintain detailed site records of work performed
- Assists the Project Manager in planning programs of surveillance, including identification and review of non-conformance issues, and providing subsequent advice to ensure the consistent application of surveillance policy, practice and standards.
- Assist the Project Manager in ensuring the consistent application of surveillance across the project by planning programs of surveillance of quality, WHS, traffic management and environmental management and monitoring progress of works, including the identification of non-conformance issues, and providing advice to the Project Manager.
- Ensure construction activities are carried out in accordance with the quality system and contract documents.
- Conduct safety and environmental management and risk assessments and safe work method statement reviews
- Participate in the assessment of contract documentation such as: Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS); Environmental Management Plans (EMP); Environmental Work Method Statements; Traffic Management Plans (TMP); Traffic Control Plans (TCP) and; other planning documentation to ensure that contract documentation is accurate and robust
- Assess and report on the implementation of plans on site and on contractor performance to ensure that management plans for construction site are appropriately implemented.
- Coordinate the site activity of contractors and public authorities by verifying that the appropriate work and construction activities are performed in accordance with the application of policies, practices and standards.
- Demonstrated experience in Contract Administration of road, bridge and/or maritime works, including demonstrated knowledge of the safety and environmental issues, and quality systems relating to the construction and rehabilitation of road and bridge works.
- Experience in planning and implementing surveillance of quality, WHS, traffic management and environmental management and in monitoring and assessing compliance against standards, policy and practices
- Demonstrated experience in the interpretation of contract documents, drawings, plans and specifications and to source and analyse information and keep effective records.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your application in Word format only to Anna Au at email@example.com or by clicking the "APPLY NOW" button below.