Our client a tier 1 organisation within financial services is looking for an Automation Engineer. The purpose of this role is to enable, deliver and uplift the CD Toolchain infrastructure. Automate and work through the current backlog.
If this sounds like you and you come equipped with AWS, Python, Unix, Linux experience please apply now for a chance to work for a top tier organisation on a 6-month initial contract.
Development skills - 90%
- Development of delivery pipelines for application and infrastructure delivery
- Scripting and troubleshooting skills, particularly in Python
- Strong understanding and experience delivering CI/CD processes
- Integration of existing test suites into delivery pipelines (or new suites where none exists)
- Experience with containerising workloads with Docker and Orchestration - Nice to have BH
- Experience with administration of the Atlassian stack-Bamboo, BitBucket, Confluence, Jira (nice to have)
- Expertise in designing are architecting cloud-based infrastructure and deploying Atlassian Data Center workloads to AWS - Nice to have (BH)
- Share your knowledge with the team and be willing to learn from others.
- Contributes to ensuring a collaborative and supportive team environment that everyone enjoys.
- Contribute to working in an agile team environment of two-week sprints for planned work including attending and participating in ceremonies such as daily stand-ups, backlog grooming, retrospectives and contribution to the remediation of immediate unplanned work.
- Financial authority - none
- Budgetary authority delegated - none
- Delegated authority - Zero dollar value for approval or role level
- People authority - Number of direct reports 0
- VARI Assign authority - none
- Consulting experience delivering Automated Delivery Pipeline solutions in large complex environments
- Specialist in automated delivery pipelines for application and infrastructure delivery for all environments
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in automation engineer and related roles
- Strong AWS experience
- Scripting in Python, Bash, Perl, etc
- Unix scripting and automation
- Linux - highly desirable
- Design and creation delivery pipelines and associated automated workflows
- Experience automating processes and workflows
- Performance tuning and troubleshooting of Java applications
- End-to-end automation of infrastructure builds
- Enterprise-level Data Center deployment in AWS Cloud, for Confluence, Jira and Jira Service Desk, Bitbucket, Bamboo other identified applications.