You will be responsible for the technical implementation of one or more operational software-based systems used and ensure that the system meets its agreed technical performance requirements. This includes:
- Perform system analysis, design, engineering and project tasks throughout the system acquisition and implantation phases in accordance with safety and system management policies, frameworks, guidelines and procedures; and
- Apply Systems Engineering and specialist expertise in the areas of planning, design,
- acquisition and implementation of new systems, including integration and upgrades to existing systems.
- Manage the technical control and assessment of Suppliers for acquisitions.
Perform system engineering tasks in accordance with the Technology
Management System (TMS) and other relevant processes, policies and guidelines. These
include (but are not limited to):
- Design and develop technical specifications, plans, procedures and standards that meet customers' requirements;
- Manage in-depth investigations, analysis and diagnosis of complex system issues, and recommend and implement solutions;
- Prepare and peer-review test plans, test cases and participate in various levels of system testing for new system implementations, approved enhancements and software updates for existing systems;
- Gather, analyse and report system performance data, recognise trends and identify areas in need of improvement to ensure reliability and maintainability of systems;
- Prepare documentation related to system implementation and upgrade activities such as system requirements specifications, statement of requirements, project proposals and detailed cost estimates.
- Develop and maintain a suite of comprehensive system management and engineering documentation.
- Provide specialist technical expertise to projects.
- Actively participate in cross training to develop specialised skills and technologies specific to systems managed vendors/3rd parties.
- Report and manage the resolution of safety hazards identified with the supported systems within a specified timeframe.
- Essential: A sound understanding of and demonstrated experience applying Systems Engineering practices throughout the SDLC and system management processes.
- Essential: Extensive experience in the design, development, testing and implementation of robust and reliable software systems. This includes the over-arching aspects of quality assurance and configuration management.
- Essential: Demonstrated experience in stakeholder and supplier management.
- Essential: Demonstrated ability to take ownership of tasks and work as a senior member of a dynamic team, including ability to work under limited direction to achieve positive outcomes.
- Essential: Experience in providing systems and software maintenance and support including investigation, management and resolution of complex defects affecting large scale distributed systems.
- Essential: Strong documentation skills with experience in preparing and reviewing system support manuals, requirements specifications, design documents and test documentation.
- Highly Desirable: Experience in designing, maintaining and supporting air traffic management systems,
- Desirable: Understanding of PRINCE2, ITIL and AGILE practices.