- $115000.00 - $130000 per annum
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Steven Jobson
- 11 months ago
Since being founded, they have grown strongly, with over 100 customers worldwide, and over 3000 nodes under management.
The TechOps teams are on the front line keeping large fleets of cloud-hosted Apache Cassandra, Kafka, Spark, and Elasticsearch clusters up and running. Every day you will diagnose and solve challenging and interesting technical problems providing a service that is relied on by some of the leading global names in tech to deliver for millions of end users.
As a part Manager and part Techo, you will also provide expert operational support to our nodes running in the cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP), using technologies such as Linux (CoreOS, Ubuntu), Docker, and languages including Java, Python and bash. You will also liaise with customer's engineers in resolving issues with their use of Apache Cassandra, Apache Kafka, and other supported technologies
We're looking for a smart candidate with exceptional communication skills, a positive attitude, and a passion for IT and learning new things. We expect you to become proficient in the range of technologies our client uses.
Skills and attributes vital for this position include:
- Strong knowledge and experience with Linux and be comfortable working from the command line.
- Good fundamental computer science / software engineering skills and knowledge, particularly operating system internals, memory management, and networking.
- Programming skills in Python, Java, bash scripting, SQL, and source code control using Git.
- Exceptional ability to communicate clearly and professionally in written and verbal English is essential as this role will involve customer interaction.
- Demonstrated excellent experience with managing teams in challenging environments and take measures to keep the team morale high, drive positive work culture
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, this is a critical attribute to have in this role
- Ability to perform the role as Major Incident Manager (Level-3 Support)
Permanent residents are encouraged to apply
Please contact Isabelle on 02 6285 3500 for more information.