- $120000 - $140000.00 per annum
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Jarryd Clifton
- 3 days ago
- 3 Year Permanent non-ongoing position
- High profile Government Department
- Exp in data-center design, ICT security, Cloud & Vmware
Description of the role:
- As well as designing solutions the candidate will contribute to and oversee implemented Linux and Windows desktop and laptop solutions.
- The candidate will also design and secure bespoke environments to house these systems. The candidate will contribute to the development and oversee all aspects of the developed systems.
- The ICT Architect will provide advice to areas as required and actively participates in the strategic technical direction.
- The team is responsible for specialist technical solutions to facilitate and execute the creation, installation and maintenance of Discreet and Covert systems. This includes data management, datacentre design and other specific software and hardware design decisions.
This role requires high level skills and experience in the following:
- Datacenter design
- Secure system design
- Cloud implementation
- Containerised Solutions
- Formal qualifications in information, communications or technology from a recognised tertiary institution or extensive demonstrated equivalent skills and experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of data-center design including networking, compute and storage
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT security principles and experience designing secure systems in line with Information Security Manual (ISM) guidelines
- Extensive knowledge of cloud implemented solutions
- Intimate knowledge of VMware and the VMWare automation suite
- Extensive experience in automation (vRealise automation, PowerShell, Bash and Python).
- Sound knowledge of Citrix environments
- Extensive experience with Linux system administration and the development and deployment of Standard Operating Environments (SOE)
- Experience with containerised solutions
- Ability to travel
Applicants must be Australian Citizens and hold or have the ability to hold a high level security clearance to apply for this position. Please click "Apply Now" to be considered for this position. Alternatively you can contact Jarryd Clifton on 02 6285 3500 or email Jarryd directly at email@example.com for more information.