- Competitive daily rate !
- Job Type
- Kapil Arora
- about 1 year ago
- An exciting opportunity to join a leading defence organisation
- Manage and support a large scale UNIX environment
- Adelaide based - Edinburgh Park location
- Australian Citizenship required to obtain a security clearance
The UNIX administrator will operate as a part of the Infrastructure team and will be responsible for day-to-day system administration tasks and provide high-quality support and assistance to other teams. The role will include the implementation of new technologies and OS features as required to meet the business demands and address obsolescence issues that are identified.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide system administration expertise for the UNIX footprint running several business-critical applications
- Installation, patching, server builds, configure and maintain UNIX technologies across multiple hardware platforms
- Manage all aspects of system administration including day-to-day support issues, event monitoring, diagnostic analysis, backups and recovery
- Maintaining disaster recovery and business continuity strategies and systems in place to protect the ongoing availability of the systems
- Undertaking out-of-standard-hours activity from time to time for high priority incidents
- Communicate with vendors to resolve technical issues.
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Significant experience in UNIX administration, troubleshooting, backup and recovery, performance tuning
- Experience in RHEL and Solaris
- Experience in maintaining UNIX systems on a virtualised platform
- Knowledge of RHEL Satellite tool and CommVault will be a plus
- Knowledge of Exadata will be a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If the role sounds interesting, please apply online or call Kapil on 08 8228 1566.