6 Months Contract (possible extensions)
The Planner is responsible for the efficient and effective assessment of development related applications to ensure planning and development proposals meet statutory requirements.
- Provide quality advice to Council's Area Planning Managers, Manager Planning Assessment, and Director City Planning and Regulatory Services on development related matters to make informed decisions.
- Produce high quality written reports to relevant committees to ensure issues are readily understood by stakeholders and compliance
- Undertake the project management of development related applications from lodgement to determination and manage DA matters arising during construction, including co-ordination of input from other Units and Government authorities.
- Coordinate internal and external development referrals and provide considered responses that illustrate that all matters have been considered and / or satisfied.
- Deliver high quality customer service to applicants, residents and other stakeholders in the City through the provision of expert advice on relevant processes, polices and regulations.
- Prepare evidence and appear as an expert witness on behalf of Council in the Land and Environment Court and Local Court in accordance with legislative requirements and regulations
- Tertiary qualifications, at degree level in Urban Planning, Architecture, Urban Design or related discipline.
- Experience in the assessment and resolution of planning, heritage and urban design issues associated with development applications, preferably in local government.
If you would be interested in this role please submit your application in Word format only by clicking the "APPLY NOW" button below or firstname.lastname@example.org