You will join an ever-growing team of entrepreneurs, designers, technologists, engineers, venture architects, marketers and investors all with the same vision of developing and launching game-changing products and businesses. You will develop, execute, oversee, and measure the success of the new venture's strategy and provide leadership and direction to an Executive Management team.
You are a multi-disciplinary expert and a commercial generalist. You will derive deep strategic insight to identify outstanding commercial opportunities, generate and iterate detailed financial, legal and regulatory models, and both design and run end-to-end operational processes.
- Business/Commercial strategy: Market/Consumer & Business trends analysis; identify opportunities for new revenue; identify new business model opportunities; conduct quantitative research investigations that help strategically frame, validate or challenge the opportunity; Establish appropriate business success metrics; define the business model and case for new ventures, products and services
- Financials/Business: Adopt a 'lean start-up' style approach to building a minimum viable business and go-to-market strategy; Define the business model options and case for new ventures, products and services; Develop the economic model and business plan for new ventures, products and services; Quantify business value and funding models, define commercial strategy for launch and go-to-market; Explore and define commercial partnership, acquisition and investment options; Once in market, run the P&L, manage business reporting and develop dashboards with key business and product metrics.
- Operations: identify operational needs, and design processes, controls and reporting to ensure these are covered; Lead the build and testing of operational processes, systems and reporting capabilities; Write initial drafts of key legal, risk, compliance and business stand-up documentation; Develop operational reporting and build dashboards for key operational metrics
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills, empathy and willingness to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Corporate or start-up / scale-up experience and experience in related domains such as Product, Operations, Technology or Marketing
- Positive attitude and an intrinsic motivation to deliver the highest quality work
- Methodology-agnostic and a strong believer in applying the right tool for the job
- Experience running a small business or team P&L, an excellent understanding of business design and development processes
- Active in the start-up or venture community, with a keen interest in building products and businesses and a strong network of connections in Australia
This is a contract role with an immediate start available.
For more information about the role please email your CV directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org