- $100 - $140 per hour
- Job Type
- Lauren Fyfe
- 10 days ago
- 6 month initial contract plus 3x6 month extensions
- Citizenship required
- ACT or VIC Location
About the organisation:
Our large government client is one of the main revenue collection bodies for Federal Government. Working within this organisation will give you a sense of inclusiveness and diversity to better meet the needs and expectations of the community, while delivering on proposed commitments to government and the community. They are focused on building on a strong culture of integrity and making the necessary cultural changes to align with the transformed client experience.
About the role:
The Windows Server Engineer will be a part of a small team supporting and working towards delivering an automated, robust and secure environment. You will be working as a productive, diligent and supportive member of a small team with proven ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships and work under pressure to meet deadlines and maintain services.
The departments cloud environment is a complex ecosystem which host multiple technologies and platforms including PAAS, Linux and windows systems. The environment is managed with multiple technologies. Note we do not use SCCM.
Your main goal will be to minimize the amount of unplanned downtime in the Development, Test and Production environments hosted on Windows platforms and to achieve a high level of end user satisfaction. This includes the lead or participation in technical issues, consulting and development of standards in your area of expertise as well as the delivery of support services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have a development experience on the windows platform with strong support skills.
- Support the Windows Server platform (Windows Server 2008R2 onwards) to provide application project teams, BAU and incident support on a variety of Cloud platforms including:
- Create advanced automation scripts to perform various administration tasks on the Windows platform.
- Build and maintain Windows SOE's over multiple cloud providers including hardening the SOE to meet the department and ISM standards.
- Participate in managing WSUS as a stand-alone product (i.e. no SCCM) to perform Windows OS patching and reporting.
- Provide advance administration of the Windows operating stack and 3rd party management tools.
- Extensive hands-on experience in administering and troubleshooting Windows platforms in a large and complex environment.
- Extensive Windows automation scripting experience using PowerShell - essential, .Net - desirable, VBS - desirable
- Hands-on experience in developing a Windows SOE including design, build and maintenance as well as OS level hardening.
- Extensive knowledge of Active Directory
- Understanding of virtualization technologies; experience desirable.
To apply for this opportunity, please contact Erin McDonald on 02 6285 3500 or click the "APPLY NOW' button below.